Sunday, April 4, 2010

He is risen, Indeed.

D'you ever have a dear friend whom you love deeply? And you go a while without talking to your friend on the phone. You want to call them. But there is just SO much to say! You put it off. You think, I'll call when I have time to really talk. Problem is, you are very busy, and that time never comes. Eventually you reach this point - you almost don't want to talk to your friend because there's just so much to discuss and frankly, you're embarrassed about how long it's been since you picked up the phone.

Yeah. That's how I feel about this blog.

I have about 4 unfinished, outdated drafts. I don't know where to start!

But, alas, it's Easter. Alleluia! He is risen!

He is risen, indeed.

I'm not going to write a long catch-up blog. I will, I promise. At some point. Or a couple of them. I'll write about my trip to San Francisco and my upcoming trip to INDIA.


But not today. Today is a day for pure undiluted celebration. And I wanted to share this with you.

Resurrection: Rob Bell from The Work of Rob Bell on Vimeo.

You can check out the script and download it yourself (and I think there's a discussion guide, too) on Rob Bell's website. The script is AMAZING. Jermaine found background music a little distracting. And I agree to a point. I'm not sure how long it'll be available. So, if you have a chance to watch it today, I would recommend doing that.

Thank you for reading my blog. Have a blessed Easter.

My prayer for you today . . .

Thank You, creative God, for creativity. For life and breath and blood and sweat and tears. Thank You for making everything all bloomy. Guide us, Spirit. Toward community and away from selfish desires to have it our way. I pray that each one of us may experience life's rich joy. That we may experience reality - the good God stuff - the way it actually is. Jesus, you are beautiful. And we are grateful. Thank You for loving us. Thank you teaching us how to love you and each other. Amen.

PS. Yesterday was the anniversary of the day Jermaine got laid off (still no job yet - but, again, updates coming soon). If you get a chance, check out my Easter entries from the past and Peter's Journal. Also (!!) check out my bestest's blog, Live With Laughter. She's quite amazing. :)