Monday, January 5, 2009

Wild Blue Wonder

We did it.

We launched our prayer room. Last night, with butterflies in my stomach, I thanked God for the wonderful frame of mind our Creator had so graciouly allowed me to be in.

Then, this morning, as I hit the snooze button for the fourth time, I wondered how I was ever going to make it through this week.

My husband, my daughter, our friend Dwayne, our dog Sebastian, and I will be staying at our church for the entire week. We'll sleep, eat, pray and play here [perhaps not in that order]. The pews will be our beds. It will be interesting to say the least.

I do not usually fair well outside my comfort-zone. And I LOVE my bed [that may be an understatement]. But experiencing the prayer room today was like a little taste of heaven. And so, though it's too hot in this part of the church and too cold in the sanctuary, though our dog has been made nervous by this seemingly nonsensical change of scenery, though pews are lumpy and I forgot to bring an extra blanket, I cannot contain my joy and gratitude for this opportunity.

I promise pictures soon. God has blessed the prayer room and I am eager to share. But it's late, and that sort of thing can wait until the light of day [I realize that this is in fact currently the light of day [sorry - this was written around 1am]].

One of my New Year's resolutions is to write daily. I shall start with this little blog. And make one more promise [though I am usually wholeheartedly against promises of any kind for fear that I will disappoint] to blog every day from now until we end next Sunday.

Thank you for reading my blog.

No comments: