Friday, June 18, 2010

Frustrated Musings


Hi! Thanks for stopping by. Jermaine helped me redesign! I think it looks pretty groovy (as well as fresh and clean). Let me know what you think and if everything is readable.

Okay. This is the part where I whine. I can only promise to keep it short.I've been really frustrated lately. I would like a job, please. It's all I can think about. Which actually is not all that helpful. Some good has come of my fretting, tho. I've worked out what I'm so tangled up about.

I've never had a "real" job (ie: a job that incorporates my true passions). I've been a housekeeper, a waitress, a salesperson, even a nurse's aide - and at times I have loved my various positions BUT I've never gotten paid to do something I love.

So, of course, that's why I went back to school. And while I was in school I worked out what it was that I love to do.I love (in no specific order): to write, to act, to perform, to teach (adults), to learn, to give, and to help (and love and laugh with) people who are going through difficult times. Those are my passions in a nutshell.

And now, here I am, with a degree in Sociology - excited, because now I am actually qualified to do the things I love, but frustrated because . . .

. . . because somewhere along the way I starting believing that no one would really pay me to do that stuff.It's not that I lost faith in myself - no - I'm pretty certain I could do it.

I've lost faith in God, I think. I'm not trusting him to finish what he started within me.

And that's really depressing.

That's it, I guess. There is no moral to this story yet because I'm still in the thick of it. I just wanted to share.Thank you for reading my blog.

PS. All is not lost, tho! Since one of my biggest problems is that I never take a break (yep, job hunting 24/7), I am very excited to report that I get to go to Hershey Park with my family tomorrow! That is SO my kind of fun! :)

No comments: