Thursday, August 26, 2010

This is not a Bible Blog

I had wanted to post the next Bible blog - I even started it earlier today. Alas, I did not get around to finishing it until just now and seeing as how I need to be up in 5 hours, I don't think it's wise to plow through it.

Usually I write about my day, but my day, though fun, was not that interesting.

Hmm. Here are a couple of random things about me:


  • The other day I bought olives stuffed with feta cheese. I'm absolutely hooked! So decadent and low-cal. I ate them all, and now I can't find them anywhere. I know, because I've been to at least 4 stores.
  • I have officially lost the first ten pounds!
  • When I put my make-up on in the morning, I seriously consider the chances of ending up in tears by the end of the day. If the chances are good, I don't put on eye liner.
  • I've started reading the Chronicles of Narnia to Sadie every night. This is extra special because I read the entire series aloud to her biological father when we were dating.
  • I started a book fast at the beginning of this year. I've sort of tossed it. I'm not convinced that all fasts were made to stick to until some arbitrary end date that I put in place myself. Seems too legalistic. I like following my intuition - the feeling I get that I think/hope/pray is from God - to give me a better sense of what I should be doing. 
  • I have a dear friend with whom I fell out of sorts with a while back. I think of her constantly. And I think of calling her, too. But I don't. Man, though, I love her. Even if I have a shoddy way of showing it. I hope she still loves me.
  • I read through the entire Homeschool Your Child for Free book in the last couple of weeks. All 461 pages. And I starred all of the links I was interested in. Thousands, as you can imagine.
  • I have orientation at Wesley tomorrow and I'm mostly writing this because I'm too excited to sleep! Every time I remember that I'm actually about to start seminary, I do a little happy dance. I think, "Me? Seriously? The kid who flunked out of college because she was too high to go to class? The girl who got knocked up at 19 by a guy she barely knew? Not only did I graduate college but I get to go to seminary? Double-you-tee-eff!" Nothing short of miraculous.
  • I have 3 blogs I'm itching to write. The caloric epiphany blog. My own comments on the sermon from a couple days ago blog. And the next Bible blog. They'll show up eventually. My blogs are always late, just like me.

I thought I didn't have anything to write about. Guess I was wrong. Really should go to bed though. Good night!

No comments: