Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Gratitude and Country

I didn't like my post my last post, so I'm trying again.

First, a list of things I'm thankful for from this week:


  • New friends. We recently met Nicki and Brandon through my friend, Priscilla. The experience has been life changing. They are HILARIOUS. And I feel like we've known them forever.
  • Our friend, Elena borrowed our car for a couple weeks. We got it back yesterday and she had filled it up with gas and had it detailed! Sadie got in and exclaimed, "Why does this car smell so GOOD??"
  • My friend Priscilla is awesome. And for that, I am thankful.
  • Our church is going through a series of Hope. They had a sharing time last Sunday and I stood up and talked about our marriage and unemployment and the Army. It's amazing to think about what God is doing. Afterward, a couple of people came up to me to introduce themselves and offer their support. I am so thankful for my church family.
  • God is teaching me so many things right now. It's beautiful.
  • I have so many amazing friends. It's just ridiculous. I don't deserve them. But I am fall-over thankful that I get to share my life with them.
  • Andrea and I are going to Forks in THREE DAYS!!!
  • And, lastly, I got a haircut!
I'm letting my bangs grow out. Sorry the lighting is so bad.

And now, I'd like to take a moment to go back to my country roots. I love this song! Jermaine isn't crazy about it and I'll admit, it's not mind-blowing. But, it gives me chills. :)

No comments: