Thursday, March 13, 2008

And so, we meet again.



These pictures were taken last August, right before an intense fall semester. By December, I'd gained 10 pounds back. As of now, I have lost 7 of those. This post is all about revamping and revving up my exercise and food regimen.

Editor's Note: This was written in 2007's November Rain under the blog title, "The Last Ten Pounds."


I know I need this more than you, but, please, just humor me.

I started this whole charade at 148lbs on May 23rd of this year. I said I'm gonna blog til I'm skinny. And that's just what I've done. More or less. Less being more. Whatever that means.

Anyhow, the point is I did it, well, almost. I've come so bloody close. I can't not finish it now. Yes, the shorts fit [although, I have to say, there is mom cellulite that may never go away]. But, I am not at my fittest. Not yet.

And it may really be the last 17lbs. Or, the last 5. Because, like I said before, I'm not really sure where my fittest is. But it's like your wedding dress. When you find it, you know.

So here is where I weigh in. Feel free to judge, applaud, condemn and the like.

I am stuck somewhere between 132-134lbs. It fluctuates.

My measurements are: 34-31.5-37.5

I'm 5'3" and a 1/2 and "they" say your waist should be half of your height. So actually, I'm sorta there. But, it's the home stretch. I know I could still stand to lose some flab. Not a lot of flab, but some. And, I don't want to be stick thin, I want to be strong and healthy.

In all of this I don't want to get stuck on myself. And if I'm honest I have to say I struggle with vanity and self-centeredness daily. I'd like this to be bigger than me. Right now, I'm studying to be a fitness instructor. Hopefully soon I'll teach other women to feel strong and beautiful. For a long time I thought I could never do it. Now I want to teach others that they really can.

Okay, enough of that crap. Let's get down to business. Here is the regimen:

1050 calories a day. If you didn't read my earlier blog than you probably think I'm crazy. And, if you did you still might. But there's a method behind the madness: The Biggest Loser Book said so. So there. And if it's on television, you know you can trust it, right? 400 cal. of fruits and veggies, 300 cal. of grains, 200 in dairy, and 150 extra - to be spent at my leisure [probably on coffee].

80 ounces of water a day. ish. 16 ounces will be hot lemon water.

And then, I'm going to try to work out for at least an hour 5 to 6 days a week.

That's pretty much it. Please note, once I get there, I'll go back to eating like a normal human being. The party starts on monday. I'll be posting here and on myspace, so choose your blog of choice.

And now, it's time for another chocolate chip cookie. Good night.

No comments: