Thursday, March 13, 2008

Welcome to my world.


My name is brandY. And I love you. Or if I don't, please just be patient. Currently, I'm working on loving all people. Eventually I believe I will actually love you.

In the past I've tried to compartmentalize my blogs and keep 3 or 4 [or 11, let's be honest] going at one time. The statistics are in and survey says that way of doing things sucks [lollipops] and is headache inducing.

So, I'm lumping my life into one big blog. I'm going to add posts from my blogs in an attempt to reuse and recycle. But, before I get to that, an introduction is in order.

When people have trouble remembering my name I tell them it's, "Like the wine." They like that.

I'm a lot like wine. I can be sweet, bitter, fruity or sparkling. I smell tantalizing. I can be white or red and I only get better with age. Some years I produced a better product than others. If you drink too much of me you run the risk of becoming silly [or sick]. I am the perfect compliment to almost all celebrations. And, I used to be a clear, tasteless sort but Jesus turned me into something magical.

More about me? I am:

a single mother [but not for long].
getting married this June.
done been green [but glad it's "in" now].
26.
spacey.
in college.
learning how to cook.
getting ripped.
hecka blessed.
learning Español.
adopted.

I heart:
Sadie [my kid].
Jermaine [my man].
mis amigas y mi familia [por supuesto].
writing.
acting.
Rob Bell.
God.
cooking.
dancing.
the Lakers [a family tradition].
MySpace.
planning my wedding.
thrift store shopping.
shoes.
books.
C.S. Lewis.
good food.
snowboarding.
languages.
socks.
travel.
paper.
magazines.
Italy.
being healthy.
volleyball.
The Parent Trap.

I don't want to be complacent about:
Darfur.
modern slavery.
molested children.
rape victims.
abuse of any kind.
saving the planet.

When I grow up I want to be:
a pastor.
an actress.
a writer.
an aerobics instructor.
a blogger of note.

Alright.

If you've made it this far, you have a special place in my heart.

Ya'll come back now, ya hear?

No comments: